May 6, 2013

Peplum and Theme Parks


 



peplum top: c/o choies // undertee: downeast basics // skirt: old navy // necklace: c/o inpink // watch: michael kors // heels: target
Over the weekend, Philip and I went on a date. And not just any old date...an all-day date to Six Flags Magic Mountain. I planned this date months ago, intending to do a little surprise overnight getaway to celebrate Philip's 30th birthday. Long story short, Philip accidentally read a secret text message that ruined the surprise, and then we ended up changing it to an all day date, rather than an overnight trip, because of Buck's refusal to take a bottle, but despite all that we managed to have the funnest day date ever.  Kayla watched our boys (along with her two babies, and her husband gone at work all day (the woman is a saint!)) and we came back to them bathed, happy and completely worn out from a day of fun. That made the day even better.

When you have two babies, alone and quiet time together is suddenly so much more limited, so having an entire day just with Philip was absolute bliss. Plus, we both love roller coasters, so it was one of our favorite dates ever and made me realize we need to go on dates way more often...especially if they involve riding roller coasters til we're blue in the face!


. . . . . . . . 

Also! The winner of last weeks bubble necklace giveaway is....Manda! Congratulations!
Shoot me an email to claim your winnings! 

And don't forget...use code MERRICKSART at checkout to get 10% off anything at Daily Product Deals for the next month!

17 comments:

  1. I'm so in love with this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing! At first I was confused and thought you meant you wore this to a theme park. You seem more practical than that haha!

    ~Sarah of Sarah's Real Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes, probably the most non-practical theme park outfit possible!

      Delete
  3. That peplum is adorable on you! Sounds like a really fun date ;)

    Kristina does the Internets

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your outfit is SO ADORABLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could you look any more amazing in this peplum top?! Love it!!

    -AJ
    FitTravelerAJ.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning!!!
    www.shannonheartsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Six Flags...so much fun!! I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pshh totally blushing over here! Definitely far from a saint. It was only a day! I'm sooo glad you had fun, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I would have gotten that top from them. I got a yellow blazer but when I put it on, I feel like I'm wearing a yellow lab coat. lol

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Oh no!! At least it makes for a hilarious post :)

      Delete
  10. Love your post and your outfit. Gorgeous outfit. Love the peplum top with the striped skirt. Great date. What a nice way to celebrate.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look beautiful! And YES to Six Flags! I'm so glad you guys were able to get away and spend the whole day together kid free!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so lovely! That skirt is just so completely cute! I'm glad that you could enjoy a day together with your hubby!

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your outfit is amazing! You are so feminine <3
    Xoxo, Elsa
    http://craftyhands.canalblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. roller coasters are the best! to celebrate spencer finishing his first year of law school (obviously it's been a while since we went), i took a day off of work and we went to six flags for the day. it was coaster after coaster after coaster, and it was the best! happy birthday to philip and i love the peplum!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...